Worklog: WOW for a lady

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice crnt wait to see the finished thing, i liek the way the blow hole looks like two holes joined at one end, good touch, unless you sanded that out:p it wont let me load the full scale picture :D

nice crnt wait to see the finished thing, i liek the way the blow hole looks like two holes joined at one end, good touch, unless you sanded that out:p it wont let me load the full scale picture :D

I think you're referring to the cut out in the top? Yeah, I ground that to an oval with some u channeling on it. I like the look of the two holes meeting at an end as well but the hole saw makes a rougher cut so I need u channeling to smoothen it out and of course the u channeling doesnt go well around sharp edges like that.

Anyways, paint scheme change, now she wants black and silver with blue lighting. Here it is again with my rudimentary paint skills.

Only other thing I've gotten done recently is the LED string for the windows. Grabbed some extra moles connectors, wire, shrink wrap and LEDs....still have about 5 minutes worth of touch up shrink wrapping to do and they'll be done.

Change in plans again...no etching on the window, she wants a clear view of the mobo. Am a bit disappointed, was the whole reason i was doing this cheap for her was the practice. Anyways, did some priming and painting today. flat black for the bones of the case, gloss for the rest later this week:

The flat black in my homemade booth :p

DISCLAIMER: Paint fumes can be very flammable depending on what you are using I do not recommend spraying indoors without proper explosion proof ventilation, DO NOT COPY ME! If in doubt check the Material Safety Data Sheet for explosion and flammability of the product you are using.

Quick update, not many photos. I finished the wiring today, new switch, had to bore out the old hole as the new one is significantly larger, re-wired the sata cables for the dvd and hdd and switched out the green and orange LEDs (hdd, power) for blue ones.

Silver (trim) and flat black (interior) are done now....this week I should have it done, gloss black exterior and then assembly is all thats left. A relatively quick and simple mod.

build specs: e2180, 8800gts, 500gb, 2gb patriot extreme PC6400, GA-p35-ds3l, gamerxstream 600w

Lol...4 posts in a row, not that active a thread :p

Anyways, for those who may be interested I finished her up, I would have rathered a bit more $$$ and time to properly finish the paint job and re-wiring of the psu but she wanted it for a LAN this past week and wanted to keep as low a price tag as possible.

You can see a bit of the orange peel effect on the brand new paint job, in two weeks i'll be at their place and will wet sand and polish it for a mirror finish. For now, it's busy running cyrsis :p

Yeah, it turned out ok, i was hoping it would be a more involved mod with some etching and more time on the paint but it was up to her not me :p

I'll try and get her to send over a couple of shots in the dark to see the LED lighting.

To be honest, I prefer the clean mods, I'm not much for bling and crazyness....If it had been for me I'd have stealthed the drive and gone with a red or blue paint but not much more than that. I like a computer case that looks like a computer case :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom