Kill a process

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy1881

Banned
Looking for some software that will kill a process that just won't stop no matter what you do unless you reboot. Is there such a thing? What would do the trick?

cheers

Mossy,

The task manager will kill it. If it doesnt then there is something wrong that is forcing the software to start back up.

Mak

Mak213, I've tried that with some apps but that don't work. Should I assume there is no software out there that will kill a process then?

cheers

^ or if it won't kill in the first place, means something's still using it. Which could also be bad (depending on what process you're trying to kill)

Mossy,

There are things out there. But as stated by everyone if the process comes right back then you have some serious issues. Cause the Task Manager should kill it with no problem.

A quick Google search would give you plenty of results for Process killing software.

Process Kill software - Google Search

Cheers,
Mak

Well, It really hasn't happened since I added more RAM which probably was the real reason but I just want to be sure I have something on my computer if it happens again. So I assume there isn't one that is better than most out there?

Cheers

You could create a batch file that kills the process and runs in a loop so it's always killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom