Upgrading video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

elreece

Baseband Member
Product Specifications 

thats a link to my current computer but i have 3 gigs of ram in it the video card is a Geforce 7600GS i use this computer for medium level gaming i dont need the best an fastests but i would like to upgrade it to get decent FPS in various games can you guys please give me a idea of what sort of card would be compatiable (with out having to upgrade other components of my computer) to get a increase in power, budget of around $200 can go a bit higher if need be
thax heaps

well ur mobo supports pci express x16 so if you wanted to u could get a 4850 by ATI. may have a bit of a bottleneck since you cant overclock ur cpu (wouldnt o/c far ne way), but ull defintaley notice a big increase. i would prob save sum cash if i were u and just go with maybe sumthin a bit cheaper like a 9600gso 384mb. (104)

You will need to upgrade your psu to run any card that will be much of an improvement over your 7600GS.

ohh yeah, i didnt find anything on the specs about ur psu, but usually prebuilt system provide just enough for what your system needs in terms of power. open up your case and on the psu should a table like below and loke for the parts i hglighted ( the 12v rail amperage)

untitled-1.jpg

so for example this says 33amps.

Ok thanx baron there pretty cheap as well so ill have to get the psu an then think bout the video card;) thx 4 your help guys

make sure u get a decent psu, if u were to buy a 450vx like that picture and a 9600gso, it would still be under 200. but i would go budget psu and look at sum brand like rosewill or antec earthwatts. anything with about 30 amps would be fine.

thanx recommend any sites (Australian) so newegg is out or any specific psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom