First rig being built - Thoughts and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Hi.

Im building my first ever rig and would like your suggestions or thoughts on parts that would be best switched over.

My budget is about £700 and have bought most of the parts (CPU and monitor only left to buy, but can easily return parts).

Q6600 - £120
720W Gigabyte Superb PSU - £68
HD Taken from previous machine
ASUS P5KC aLiFESTYLE iP35 Mobo- £71
XFX 9800gtx - £130
CIBOX 22” monitor -£135 (want a big monitor for small price, have had nothing but rave review from this)
4Gb Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 PC2-6400 -£36 (for 2x 1gb) 2gb Taken from old machine
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case - £74
Vista 64bit - £62
DVD Drive - £20

Total comes to about £715

So what is your guys thoughts on this, what would you change or make improvements on?

Or is it just fine for my budget?

Cheers

- Will

IDK about the PSU. I would sooner go along the lines of a corsair or a OCZ. Also might want to look into the ATI 4850's.

Ive heard bad things about corsair. How when your buying them your buying a name/brand and not the PSU, a gucci tag on a tramps jacket if you will. I've read bad reviews of corsair PSU's.

Could just be me though :S

corsair psu are one of the best, and are very good. There costumer support is very good also.

where did you get a q6600 for 120 and a 9800gtx for 130?

No its pounds. Got mine from Scan.co.uk

Althought with the postage (very fast, but not changeable), the 9800 comes to £136 (so an extra £6)
Scan Computers UK: 512MB XFX 9800 GTX XT, PCI-E 2.0, Mem 2200MHz, GDDR3, GPU 720MHz, 128 Cores, 2x DL DVI-I/HDTV
Was gonna wait for the GTX+ to come out but theres no actual dates and didnt want to wait any longer for my parts to arrive.

and the Intel Q6600 is actually £117 now.
Scan Computers UK: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 SLACR, Kentsfield Core, Socket 775, 2.40 GHz 1066MHz 8MB Cache, Retail

Scan are probably the cheapest place to order online in the UK. Great prices, great postage and keep you up to date very well.

Well its being built all through tonight. (well the games installations is what will take long).

So wish me luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom