ASUS Eee PC 2G burnt my daughter's arm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathleand

Beta member
About 1 week ago, we got a ASUS Eee 2G PC (mini laptop). Today my 3 year old daughter was playing a game on it (one of the preloaded games) and the front right side got so hot that it actually burnt her little arm! Has anyone else heard about this unit overheating? Any advice??

Thanks!

Hello,

Can not say that i have heard of this before. But i would recommend you contact Asus. Also i would recommend a lapop colling pad.

Cheers,
Mak

No laptop should get so hot that it burns skin. You definitely need to contact the place you bought it from and ASUS. Stop using it entirely. There's clearly something wrong with it that could cause serious injury or property damage.

For an EeePC, I'm shocked. My HP dv9700t gets hot enough that it feels burning (not actually hot enough to burn, but really close, the metal connectors on the side are too hot to touch after gaming), but it's a desktop replacement laptop with a dedicated GPU. I would use PC Wizard or something to check CPU temperatures and GPU temperatures. If you're going to play games, use a cooling pad.

Then again, young children have more sensitive skin, so while my laptop doesn't burn me, it may easily burn a young child. I would recommend a cooling pad of some sort. Also, never use your laptop on a soft surface (on the carpet, on a couch or bed, etc) because these block the air intake vents often located on the bottom of the PC, greatly reducing the air that the fan pushes through the heatsink. Not only is it a potential health and injury risk, but running your PC at those kinds of temperatures could damage your GPU or CPU with extended use.

I had a laptop that got burning hot on its underside (too hot to use on a lap, in fact.) But it was because the whole inside had been filled with dust, dog hair, etc., over the course of 9 months and it simply needed a cleaning. Probably not the case with your new laptop, unless you have it in a place which blocks the exhaust fan.

Oh god,

First I have to say I hope your daughter is alright!
2nd, pics or it didn't happen... LOL Jk!

no srsly I hope she is alright.
And ya, stop using it and contact ASUS.

force asus to pay for medical payments due to the hot laptop.

Man the world is crazy, a 3 year old using a laptop wow. I started using a computer when I was 13 lol, and I still think thats too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom