Vaio won't turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKen

Beta member
Hey guys, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N130G/B. Last week i was using it one night just fine, i shut it down just fine and went to bed, the next morning i tried turning it on and it did nothing. No lights turn on at all its just dead. I took it to a computer tech and he told me that its most likely the motherboard. Thing is i have been searching around online and i have seen ppl with sort of the same problem. I was wondering if you guys might know if it really is the motherboard or maybe something else. Please i need help! :(

I would place my chances on the power supply before I would on the motherboard. If you can, check all the connections and make sure they are good and secure. Did the guy at the computer shop actually look at it and test the PSU before putting blame on the motherboard?

To be Honest i don't know, I know he checked out if the AC cable was giving out power but other then that don't know.

Try taking it to a very "trustworthy" shop and let them look at it, I have my bets on the PSU, if you have confidence in your self, take the side panel off, and see if you can smell anything from the power supply, if not look at the motherboard for any sure obvious signs of damage.

Where do you live? Because here in sacramento where I live there are a lot of tech shops that aren't sooo legit... If oyu know what I mean, so just charles_scott said make sure that they are trustworthy and just to double check review them online through google or what not. And yeah my bet is on the PSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom