4850 check...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
OK, the crappy ram modules on my card have finally gotten to me. (Can't even play at underclocked clocks for longer then an hour... ********) . I am buying a 4850 most likely.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100242L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg has Sapphire HD 4850 512MB PCI-Express Video Card for $175 - $15 (with code S4F50242L) - $20 Rebate = $140 with free shipping.

So the plan is, I buy this card for $160 +tax (i get tax from newegg). Then when I get it, I RMA my 8800gt 512, I also take advantage of the $20 rebate. When I get my 8800 gt 512, I sell it for however much I can (I hope $120 maybe as it would be BRAND new). That way, I would of just "step-up'd" for $20.

Sound good if all goes according to plan? Because I want this, I REFUSE to go 2 weeks without a gpu and I REFUSE to game at anything less then highest resoultion with my new monitor, and I REFUSE to spend anymore money this summer....

24" *check*
new headset *check*
New phone *check*
Water cooling *check*
GPU *pending*
....wtf? Didn't I just say 2-3 months ago that I would NOT upgrade.... *sigh*

Hahaha, it is irresistable, isn't it? Lucky for me, I build so many PC's that I use all the hardware without physically owning a gaming PC myself. I don't do much PC gaming, and I don't have the spare revenue for it yet being that I am a 3 console gamer. Maybe once I have established more profits and such, I can finally take my foray into the PC world, but by then I'll be using the Nehalem and X58/DDR3 products.

Ya, It's irresistable, horrible, and a great feeling at the same time -_-

So ya, unless by the time my monitor gets here there is a cheaper price or this deal dissapears, I will be getting this.

Thats how the cookie crumbles. You upgrade one thing and it turns into two or three things. Next thing you know, your whole system has just been upgraded. I went to downgrade my card (GTS G92) and ended up rebuilding my whole system w/ new case,cpu,ram,mobo and cooling. WTF

Thats what I am dreading... I've been holding out SOOOO long for this 4850. I wanted to wait until something crazy happened... (Or at least untill the 4870x2 does something amazing)

But I just can't wait any longer... I need a replacment card, and I plan to xfire eventually. 4850 crossfire SHOULD be up to date into this christmas... and thats when I plan to buy my 2nd. 4850.

I thought you decided your 8800gt kept you happy?!

I think it'll remain the style for a good bit dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom