fan controller for videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
i am looking to manually control the speed of my 9800gtx. because it can be very loud sometimes like when in games. the connector on the card it a small 4 pin design and i was wondering if there was any type of fan controller that has this type of connector on it. or if i could put a 3 pin connector on it and use my existing fan controller that has only 3 pins on it.

You can use Riva Tuner. Download it and you can manually set fans to run at a certain speed 24/7. It may be a bit louder at idle, but you could find a happy medium for both cooling and quiet during gaming.

i've tried that but for some strange reason whenever it put on direct control and set a speed it always goes back to 35%.

i like my pentium D. strangely enough i have not noticed any bottle neck. when playing crysis i put the settings on high and res up to 1600x1050 and it averages about 30fps. but it's not a 4 pin molex connector like on a psu it's a little tiny one. i will try to get a pic

Did you click the box to "enable settings at startup"?

Or when you said it always goes back to 35%, did you mean immediately and not on reboot? I know this is a dumb question, I just need to make sure. After you set the fan speeds you do hit "apply" before closing it or anything like that, right?

Also, make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers. As far as I know there shouldn't be an issue with 9800GTX cards and Riva Tuner.

Also, you are forgetting that most games are optimized for one or 2 cores. A fast running, well maintained single core CPU will do great on most games. Its only on the more recent games that the multi-core solutions are starting to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom