budget gaming rig, 400-500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know anyone in America you could get stuff delivered to. Motherboards, Graphics Cards, RAM and the Processor will come in quite a bit cheaper in the US. I built my system last summer and got everything except the PSU, case and DVD/HD Drives from the US. I got those from the UK and picked them up on holidays (Ireland is expensive compared to ebuyer :))

All you have to check is Revenue for customs info, or maybe your birthday is coming up and its your birthday present from the friend and you shouldn't have to pay tax. :rolleyes:

PS: There are also mail forwarding services that include a tax calculator but they can be fairly expensive

well, i was gonna buy Drizzt's razer barracuda's but it turned out it was gonna cost him 100 dollars to ship them, so i dont think that'd be a good idea bomber6. i aint playing on going to america to meet anyone so, im afraid english sites only :(

Asus P5Q PRO P45 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
that's the mobo

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory REAPER EDITION CL4 - Ebuyer
here is some good RAM, but it's a bit more than i was expecting :| wow, UK stuff is expensive

EDIT: here are some CPU coolers to look at. The first is a lot cheaper, but you won't be able to OC to far. The second one cost like double, but you'd probably be able to get a good OC out of it.
Scan Computers UK: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - P4 up to 4.4GHz - S775 Dual/Quad Core Ready - The Favourite One!

Zalman CNPS9500A-LED CPU Cooler (Socket 478/754/939/940/LGA775))

maybe someone else could find a better CPU cooler for the money. Even if you go with the expensive one your build is still around 480GBP so it's okay on your budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom