First build any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question since ill be doing mostly gaming on this computer should i go with the E8400 instead of the Q6600? i will be doing school work photoshop and video editing on it but id say 80% of the time will be gaming.

Q6600 is still better, sure the e8400 performs better in games now, however the Q6600 will beat the e8400 by a way larger margin than the e8400 beats the Q6600 does now..

Plus in the 20% you do the other stuff, you'd be a lot better with the Q6600

I don't know who I heard it from, But the DFI motherboards suck.

I believe it was luke, a very techie guy.

wasn't me dude. The only recent thing i said about motherboard was asus tech support totally sucks, it is the worst i have ever dealt with.

you have done ur research, your list is already pretty good.

Perhaps the nzxt tempest for the case. It is like the antec 900 but has better wire management and even better cooling.

DFI's are far from sucky, Veedubfreak just manages to brick them haha (but when I do it for friends I haven't bricked any... yet ;))

But DFI boards are great overclockers, but most newbs have difficulty with overclocking itself, but the DFI has so many crazy options in them.

Maybe check out the Biostar I45, its a lovely board that has a world record now (if you have $20 extra bucks).

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

wasn't me dude. The only recent thing i said about motherboard was asus tech support totally sucks, it is the worst i have ever dealt with.

you have done ur research, your list is already pretty good.

Perhaps the nzxt tempest for the case. It is like the antec 900 but has better wire management and even better cooling.
thanks for sugesting the nzxt tempest iv never really noticed how it looks like the antec 900 till u mentioned that ill probably look into buying it thanks.

DFI's are far from sucky, Veedubfreak just manages to brick them haha (but when I do it for friends I haven't bricked any... yet ;))

But DFI boards are great overclockers, but most newbs have difficulty with overclocking itself, but the DFI has so many crazy options in them.

Maybe check out the Biostar I45, its a lovely board that has a world record now (if you have $20 extra bucks).

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i probably could come up with the extra 20 if its worth it, Btw does it support crossfire?

Ya, it supports CrossfireX. I just don't know why they don't mention it in the description.

yes. once quad core is more supported even more (future games are becoming better) 1-2 years hopefully dual core will be like a single core (eventually). like kobe said dont buy a p35. get the gigabyte EP45-DS3. also that psu is good but little expensive. instead get corsair 550VX. other than that everything is great.

i think iv decided to go with the APEVIA X-JUPITER-JR G-Type case scince its cheaper and it doesnt look like theres anything bad about it.

Also how many FPS do u guys think i could get in crysis?

yes. once quad core is more supported even more (future games are becoming better) 1-2 years hopefully dual core will be like a single core (eventually). like kobe said dont buy a p35. get the gigabyte EP45-DS3. also that psu is good but little expensive. instead get corsair 550VX. other than that everything is great.

will i be fine with only 550w? what if i was to crossfire 2 4850s in the future would 550 still be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom