The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oOo, I figured out something that was holding back my stable OC's. There was a setting in my bios that was like "change this to enable if you want to go past 3.6ghz!"

I never saw it before, but it basically said that loud and clear and I was like "well gosh... better go to 4ghz!"

I should be done testing tonight. OCCT has been running for about... 2 hours.

lol what setting was that???

and as far as posting my settings, lemme get my 9450 installed and up and i will do that.
liek to get 550+ just for giggles. i'd be happy running 480+ for everyday if this chip will do it.

I need to go write it down... It must of been something either only on my board or one of those settings that everyone normally disables for intel chipsets.

I'll tell u in a moment.

its some kind of TN setting, i forget.

Anyways... I can only get 4ghz with 1.625 volts, with load temps of 62c's... I don't want to run that 24/7 so I'm keeping it at a safe 3.8ghz.

yarg thats lots o volts.
looks like i got a good 9450, stressing stock speed at 1.125V right now. temps are low-mid 40's prime95 load.
oh and guru i have my reapers at 1112 mhz at the moment right out of the box.
maybe i got good luck this time with my intel purchase.

batch number L818B112, VID according to coretemp is 1.2125, which is lower than my e8400 lol.
the q9550 i ordered for a customer has a batch number of L818B109. woot. im only 3 numbers down from a q9550 in the same batch.
i passed 9 hours of prime95 small ffts @ 2.66 1.125V everything else stock. tried 2.8 @ same vcore bsod. trying 1.175 now. memory at 1120 mhz.
nos your thread has been hijacked i think.

lol.. yes my thread has been jacked... :p

good read though, keep it coming :)

and drizzt.. that sucks.. it only took me 1.55v to get to 4.0ghz

I need to write it down, I thought it said TN and not TM... but it obviously had some bearing on OCing because I could NOT boot at 450 fsb untill i got rid of that.

I'm thinking... "wait till q6600's are really cheap... like when nehalem is out... and then pour voltage into it."

But I think my mobo is the one who can't handle it, not my q6600.

I'm going to do some tests at 4ghz tonight probably... maybe if I fool around with some stuff I can get the voltage down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom