Installing two video cards in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbaggett

Beta member
I am currently running a NVidia GeForce 8600 GT video card which is being used for my dual monitor setup. I recently came accross a TV with an S Video input and would like to add that to my set up. I have a GeForce FX5200 that I would like to use to run atleast one of my monitors/TV but can't seem to get them to work together. When I install the FX 5200 Vista uses that as the default card and gives an error message about not being able to load drivers for the 8600. I've tried to several different combinations of installs and driver updates but no luck. If it helps the 8600 is PCI express and 5200 is PCI.

ANY IDEAS!?!?!

Hello,

From all of my use of Vista i have never seen it be able to run 2 different video cards. I know XP was able to but Vista can not run 2 different cards.

Cheers,
Mak

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!

for anyone out there trying to do the same thing. If you have two NVidia graphic cards there is a website laptopvideo2go.com that has drivers that work for pretty much all nvidia cards. So if you go in and install one of those it will work for both cards and Vista will allow them both to run!

Hope this helps someone

Helo tbagget,

Thanks for the info. I will check out their site now and have a look see. Thanks for giving us the solution so now we know for the next person who asks.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom