Cd burners won't read anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
In a machine I am working on neither cd burner will read anything. I have uninstalled drivers, there is no 3rd party burner installed. What could it be?

Hello,

Are the disc's burned being finalized? If not that would be why they can not be read on any other PC. Cause the disc is still waiting for more data to be burned to it and can noly be accessed by the PC that burned it till it is finalized.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

What do you mean there is no 3rd party drive isntalled? Every drive is considered 3rd party as Microsoft doesn make CD or DVD Drives.

Have you tried to remove the device via the device manager and then restarting to see if Windows will install the proper drivers?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Yes but you have not said if you have restarted the machine in order to see if Windows will find the drivers. Totally different than trying to install the drivers yourself.

Also have you tried to use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all the drivers? It could be by installign the drivers multiple times you have caused a conflict which is why it isnt working.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Cheers,
Mak

I know enough that the only way to get the drivers to install correctly you have to restart the computer. The device manager looks good, the properties says they are working properly but they are not. No matter how many times I have uninstalled and restarted the computer they just won't work. There is some program somewhere that must be causing the conflict. I will just keep working.

Hello,

Did you try Driver Cleaner Pro? If you install the driver 30 times it will not help your situation only compound it. You will have to run that to clear all the drivers from the system and basically start from a fresh slate.

I never said you didnt know about the restart situation. I never even made a reference to it. But on the same note i do know a few things about Windows and the problems that arise with installing a driver to many times. The only thing that would cause a conflict like this would be a IRQ conflict. You said yourself there is no 3rd party burning software installed so it wouldnt be anything else that would prevent your drive from being recognized.

But dont believe me. What do i know right?

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom