Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
Hey guys, my system specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
2x512 OCz RAM
MSI K8N NEO4-f
6600 GT

When i play Counter Strike Source, I am not getting good FPS... I don't know if that is right, im sure the 6600GT can do better than this, i put EVERYTHING on LOW, and on maps like Aztec i still feel like lagging, getting about 40-50, sometimes jumping to 60+ (rarely). This is on 1280x1024 resolution, this could be right but I need someone to clear this up, I downloaded the latest drivers from the Nvidia website under the 6 series.

Ping is what is important when playing online. What is your ping whilst playing the game? If you don't have a good internet connection then you of course you will feel lag

my ping is definitely not the problem because my ping is extremely low when playing cs, always below 50, honestly speaking i don't think anything lower than 60 FPS in CS is playable because when u look around, it feels as if the game is not responding fast enough, its dragging, i dunno if you guys know what i mean, but ping is definitely not the problem trust me.

I dunno what kind of frams you're use to...but i was able to play WoW at like 25ish and call it "playable" ...so 50-60fps is great. I'm also pretty sure anything above 100 the human eye can't really tell a difference....maybe you don't have the mouse sensitivity set right for your use and it's causing for the laggish turn arounds

Is there alot of hard disk activity when you are playing? you might need a defrag, it also wouldn't hurt to get some more RAM, 1GB now day's just isn't enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom