budget rig (Apoko please post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have just emailed everyone to modify my order of my intel setup(havent paid for it yet). now i am having second thoughts because really i want to strive to get the best performance i can, and buying this amd goes against everythin ive learned, i dunno if i can live with thatxD

ive also seen alot of reviews with amd chipesets and people saying there is alot of problems with overclocking especially the north bridge being unusally hot.

at the end of the day i want whats best for the money, and amd 5000+ benchmarks seem to to better in some areas while badly in other mainly gaming which is my primary use. If i can save about 20/30 going intel maybe i should. i cant explain the feeling of paying extra money for sumthing less, and due to lack of mass reviews, on the actual mobo's i want i cant make a final decision without taking a risk, with intel, i no im almost garenteed a nice o/c and good performace, i want this computer for budget gaming (warhead) and i dont think amd will be quite as good choice.

btw, i ened up going with the (still havent paid could change it)

790x-ds4 (vernong story)
amd 5k be
gskill NQ 2gb
320g 16mb spinpoint
nsk 4480b (earthwatts 380w and nsk 4000 case)
8800gs
True 120 w/tx-2

i have just emailed everyone to modify my order of my intel setup(havent paid for it yet). now i am having second thoughts because really i want to strive to get the best performance i can, and buying this amd goes against everythin ive learned, i dunno if i can live with thatxD

ive also seen alot of reviews with amd chipesets and people saying there is alot of problems with overclocking especially the north bridge being unusally hot.

at the end of the day i want whats best for the money, and amd 5000+ benchmarks seem to to better in some areas while badly in other mainly gaming which is my primary use. If i can save about 20/30 going intel maybe i should. i cant explain the feeling of paying extra money for sumthing less, and due to lack of mass reviews, on the actual mobo's i want i cant make a final decision without taking a risk, with intel, i no im almost garenteed a nice o/c and good performace, i want this computer for budget gaming (warhead) and i dont think amd will be quite as good choice.

btw, i ened up going with the (still havent paid could change it)

790x-ds4 (vernong story)
amd 5k be
gskill NQ 2gb
320g 16mb spinpoint
nsk 4480b (earthwatts 380w and nsk 4000 case)
8800gs
True 120 w/tx-2

I would get the E2180 and p43. At 3ghz the E2180 should be faster than the 5000+ at 3.3 and you will most likely be able to go higher than 3ghz with the E2180 especially with a TRUE.

too late i chose to not turn to the dark side. i saw what happened to anakin :laughing: i just went with the gigabyte 790fx-ds4 even thought i dont expect it to be quite as good as the intel rig, itll still hold me out playing fear combat and warhead/clear sky/pj origin untill q1 09 on medium settings.

once the x58/bloomfield settles down im going to be another nice high-end rig.

too late i chose to not turn to the dark side. i saw what happened to anakin :laughing: i just went with the gigabyte 790fx-ds4 even thought i dont expect it to be quite as good as the intel rig, itll still hold me out playing fear combat and warhead/clear sky/pj origin untill q1 09 on medium settings.

once the x58/bloomfield settles down im going to be another nice high-end rig.

The threat of falling to the darkside is ever present. Soon young padawan, very soon you will fall.

Until then make sure to get over 3ghz.

yeah boy, baron5/bro cant wait to see wat amd has in store for us :) i wanna get to 3.6 on it. i love o/c the **** out of things. its like hittin the weights you feel better after a workout so cpu should feel the same. yeah boy vernong me and baron are amd boys now u should look forward to havin o/c talk with us.

I still love overclocking Intel's like a mad man... haven't done one in a while....

Man I wish the Athlon's oc'ed like Intel's :(

But this is still the fastest rig I've ever owned so I'm happy

well those new 790Gx looked pretty good. i saw on a review sumone got their 9850 Be to 3.4 pretty easily with a J&W 790GX-Extreme, but was a high voltage around 1.5v i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom