Hardware up grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argilus

In Runtime
Ok, with the tons of new games coming out, I want to be prepared. Like Tribes :Vengence, Hl2, Halo 2(pc sometime)

I've been playing Doom3 and my computer runs a little laggy when playing my settings on high. I was curious what I could get for about $400 worth of hardware that would inprove my game play and computer profomance. Like New mother board & Processor? or maybe putting in a sound card? Things like that.

K7 Triton AGP8x/Dual Channel DDR motherboard
-AMD 2600 333mhz CPU
-120 Gig Seagate Sata 8MB buffer 7200rpm hard drive
-Black Pioneer DVR-106Bk CDR-DVR106BK DVD-RW/CD-RW Combo Drive
-SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive
-19'' viewsonic monitor
-1 gig DDR RAM
-ATI's 9800 all-in-wonder pro Video card
-Four case Cooling fans

THis is what I have. Please let me know what I should improve for these newer games.

hmm, systems looks well OK, doesnt seems requiring any addition, except at most you can get Barton Core AMD Athlon, as far as I know, 2600+ series isnt with Barton.

adding RAM will be as same as now. so its OK

CPU = AMD Athlon 64 3400+ ( about a $300 CPU )
MoBo = Asus K8V SE Deluxe ( should find one on ebay for around $100 or less)

those should make you go a good bit faster!! or get a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ($100 cheaper) and get somethin else that could help ur gaming, like a better video card or somethin!!

I'd say maybe buy a AMD64 and new mobo would be the best course of action:confused: You could max out the current CPU line you have now, but eventually you'll have to abandon the Athlon XP line;)

Other then that your fine, maybe treat yourselve to a Audigy 2 ZS and nice speakers;)

BLuEnGrEEnPC said:
CPU = AMD Athlon 64 3400+ ( about a $300 CPU )
MoBo = Asus K8V SE Deluxe ( should find one on ebay for around $100 or less)

those should make you go a good bit faster!! or get a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ($100 cheaper) and get somethin else that could help ur gaming, like a better video card or somethin!!

I thought maybe my video card was good enough, facker cost me nearly $400.

The Merlin said:
I'd say maybe buy a AMD64 and new mobo would be the best course of action:confused: You could max out the current CPU line you have now, but eventually you'll have to abandon the Athlon XP line;)

Other then that your fine, maybe treat yourselve to a Audigy 2 ZS and nice speakers;)

Speakers? Well, I was thinking about a good sound card, but haven't looked around. Far as speakers I have my computer hooked into my Stero Amp, a good one, then stero speakers.

Argilus said:
Speakers? Well, I was thinking about a good sound card, but haven't looked around. Far as speakers I have my computer hooked into my Stero Amp, a good one, then stero speakers.

It was just a silly thought:p

new cpu and mobo definately, that would be the best performance increase with 400$ the rad 9800pro is already a real good gfx card, no need to get a 6800gt or ultra, wait for something better when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom