Are the 4870 and 260 GTX currently overpriced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been making ridiculous money this summer, but I have to pay for college as well, so I will see what happens by mid-September. Maybe then there will still be good MIRs and maybe even a Warhead bundle! After all, sure the GPU world is heating up, but I'm lacking games to play here...

I'll bet you that if GTX 260 prices drop, so will 4870. It will be a drop for both or none. But when that might happen is anyone's guess.

Oh i don't think that will cause price drops because it's not going to happen. Nvidia lost alot of money dropping the gtx 260 down $150 off its orignal price. I doubt they wanna drop it any more.

What will cause ATI price drops will be when they shrink the die on the new gtx 260 + gtx 280. Then we will see some price drops. I was hoping that the 9800gtx+ would be better to force ATI prices down even lower.

I say the GTX 260 was overpriced same with GTX 280...

But the AMD showing them up, dropped it big!

Now I wouldn't say its overpriced, but Rican did predict before it came out that there'd be 55nm Revisions, and the current GTX 260/280 owners will be super-****ed like the 8800gts 320mb/640mb's were when G92 came out

I say the GTX 260 was overpriced same with GTX 280...

But the AMD showing them up, dropped it big!

Now I wouldn't say its overpriced, but Rican did predict before it came out that there'd be 55nm Revisions, and the current GTX 260/280 owners will be super-****ed like the 8800gts 320mb/640mb's were when G92 came out

We're expecting the same thing with the GTX 260's and 280's because for the most part they are losing money per sale

So there is no need for me to wait?

4870 best card for its price and performance ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom