Looking for suggested Quad Core...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
I just built my system and I wish I would have took most everyones suggestions and got a quad core. Now I am putting my E7200 up for sale to get a quad.

My question is what is a good one to get. I know the Q6600 is highly recommended just curious about it's abilty to OC well.

Anyone?

ull get at least 3ghz, i have got to 3.6 on mine when i had it but only stable through winter when it was colder. if you aim for 3ghz ull get it but dont expect 3.6

what are you selling the e7200 for and whats its vid if you dont mind me asking?

and I've got my q6600 stable at 3.8 and benches is 3.914

Well, basically any Q6600 you buy from NewEgg or online story (other than eBay) will be g0 steppings. The older steppings have pretty much all cleared out. I've bought 3 Q6600's lately and all were g0 from different companies.

Well, basically any Q6600 you buy from NewEgg or online story (other than eBay) will be g0 steppings. The older steppings have pretty much all cleared out. I've bought 3 Q6600's lately and all were g0 from different companies.

That's good news.. So the Q6600 is the best way to go then? I'm pretty close to putting in an order here very soon...

Ya, and with proper cooling you can get 3.6ghz. Thats the norm.

Last night I benched at 3.8ghz and it was nice and stable. I'm trying to push up to 4ghz daily without sending too much voltage into it (less then 1.5v's at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom