Bf1942 not fully loading stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooky

Baseband Member
Hey im trying to run battlefield 1942 on my toshiba laptop uhh vista os..
ya well it loads and i can play but i cant see what i select like when im searching for games.. and then once im in game i cant see crosshair or scope.. its a simple game so i doubt its my video card cuz i can play wc3 at full resolution.. any other information needed just ask

hmm have you tried running it in compatibility mode ie right click short cut, compatibility, run program with .... etc?

Also mess around with the graphic options within bf1942

i forgot that i did run as admin didnt try compatibility thanks
also
i did can you run it for bf vietnam since they didnt have 1942 and i think vietnam is just a skin of 1942 anyways only one thing failed :video card
Video Card
Minimum: 64 MB AGP video card with DirectX 9.0b compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce3+ /ATI Radeon 8500+)
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) () FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 67 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 0.0 Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 2.0

Hello,

Have you downloaded and installed the DirectX9 Runtimes on your Vista install? this is the best way for DX9 games to play correctly on Vista.

Cheers,
Mak

i thought that i had direct x 10 u want me to download 9? could u give me a link.. and how would this help me? does it come with w/e that vertex shader thing is?
also if this helps when im in bf1942 i will do switch over to road to rome and i can play like one game then after that it goes back to white bars at top and bot of screen and no crosshairs...

Hello Mooky,

Yes you have DirectX 10 as that comes prebuilt into Vista. But the issue is that you are running a DX9 game. While DX10 can emulate DX9 it does not do it well. So what you can do is install the DX9 Runtimes which will NOT overwrite your DX10 but work along side of it.

Therefor for whatever game you play be it a DX10 or DX9 game the appropiate DX will load and work perfectly with it. Which should help with the Vector Shader issue you have recieved. I think.

This is just a guess. As it could be something more or less complicated. I am just trying to help troubleshoot. Link ot DX9 Runtimes:

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

*Validation Required.

Cheers,
Mak

thanks mak ill try it out right now

EDIT: take a guess why im editing...it didnt work... thanks for the idea.. any more?

lol I think he is saying that your video card may not be up to the task. Thats the problem with onboard video cards.

Even if you do get it working I doubt it will be very playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom