OC'ing my q6600 - full load temps? maybe some tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
Currently running at 3.5ghz - but that requires atleast 1.45 vcore (in bios) - and it runs at full load (prime95, small FFT's) at 66-67 in 2 cores.. 62 in the other 2 - I've read different opinions - some people say thats okay for full load - others say no... - is there anything else I can try to lower vcore or heat? (lower vcore, raise fsb volts?, or some other bios volts?) - I have an antec 900 and xigmatek rifle 120mm heatsink - but it is about ~78-80F in my house (floirda) - seem normal? Since this is my first build and overclock - i'm wondering if I should reinstall my Heatsink?

All the overclocking guides dont seem to mention raising the FSB volts or g(mah) overvolting... or any other tips to get higher clocks without super temps... or vcores... I'd love to reach 3.6 but it seems to take ~1.5 vcore.. not sure if i wanna run that high... (fails prime95 without +1.47 vcore min.. temps go up to ~68C)

PS: Running gigabyte x48-ds4, q6600, 4gb ocz reapers (4-4-4-15)

Stock temps were 35-39C idle... 55-59 Load...

Any advice/tips appreciated... or reference to a good guide...

are you running 2x2gb kits or 4x1gb? That'll stop you from hitting your goal if you have 4 individual sticks. You could also lap your cpu

running 2, 2 gb sticks - for that very reason... thought about lapping given the hot environment but not sure if i am ready to do that.. or confident enough...

I'm going to do just that - I shall mess around with wire management first.. since I did a ghetto job anyways (too excited, just wanted to use the darn thing) - and i just got a side case fan... any replacement fans you might recommend to slap on the heatsink??... there are so many.. with a big price diff... can you get a good fan without paying top dollar? or if its not too much - i'd go for the best fan possible...
Appreciate the help-

Edit: Also - the temps reach 66-67 only doing small ffts.. doing the blended test... it never sees more than 62.... I'd prefer to keep it at 60 or less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom