Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put it below the 4850... Even if they were equal (which they aren't according to Anandtech, the 4850 beats the 9800gtx+ in frames on average) I would have to give it to the 4850 because its smaller, cheaper, and uses less power which is the only deciding factor when performance is equal.

AnandTech: NVIDIA's First 55nm GPU: GeForce 9800 GTX+ Preview

I did not know that, wow! I thought that was the 9800gtx which was on par with it and that the 9800gtx+ actually trumps it. But ok, ya below the 4850 it is.

I'm gonna guess closer to $500... I mean I would hope ATI would lower the 4870 prices. But really, I doubt they will.. and if the 4870 is still 250+ bucks. Then the 4870x2 is going to stay up in price.

Okay, as good as the 8800 Ultra is, it just looks wrong for it to be higher than the both the 4850 and and the 9800GTX+. Overclock.net have 9800GTX+ > 4850 > 8800 Ultra.

Clearly, these lists are becoming much harder to build and determine considering the various tests and opinions on closely performing cards.

I'm frequent on the overclockers graphics rankings and if you read the thread, people want the 4850 to be above the 9800gtx+, but the thread creator is being a pain. other then that, I agree with their rankings over ours as I've stated in this thread many times.

only way i'll buy a 4870x2... is if it outperforms the gtx280 in crysis...

we got the gtx refresh coming out soon.... and the way i see it... crysis is the main factor for me.. it is THE most demanding game out now....

i don't care if the 4870 gets 230fps in a game... while the gtx280 gets 200 in a game...

everygame they both play, they are above acceptable frame rates.... so... for me.. whichever plays crysis better wins my heart ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom