Hmm... Water cooling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, I have read up on water cooling before, about three or four years ago, and I have finaly gotten enough money to actualy buy me a cooling system, well going on my old research I bought several things, all from DangerDen...

Black Ice XtremeIII w/ 1/2id
ClearFlex, 12 foot (didn't have enough to buy tygon at this time)
DD12v-D5 pump
Feser One UV Black coolant
DangerDen Fillport
T line fitting
MC-TDX for an AM2 processor
some clamps and AS5
And a fillport reservoir

Now, I know I made a bad choice by going with clearflex instead of tygon, but what other things should I have gotten instead of these? I spent a bit under $300 for all this...

Everything else looks like it should do the job. I can't say I have heard of that cpu block but I am sure someone else here has.

CPU block isn't bad, but for a quad core an EK Supreme will do better.

The radiator is the real weak point of the stuff you bought. It requires high cfm aka noisy fans to perform well due to it's high fin density.

An MCR-320 or a Thermochill 120.2 or 120.3 would have been better.

I have some old 120mm tornados laying around that I never got a chance to use, so they should do the job very well. I forgot to put that in the original post, plus I can't upgrade to quad on an MSI K9n Plat... So the CPU block should suffice?

No he meant the waterblock. Masterklear tubing is great and is only 59 cents a foot. Also, you might want to spend the extra few bucks and get the swiftech radiator over the black ice.

I know he was talking about the water block in the first sentence, but it is designed for multicore processors. He then went on to the rad, where it has a really high fin density, I just stated i had a few tornado fans left laying around from a few years back that I planned on using. But I didn't wanna break my order up to diff sites and what not cause of my credit card being a PITA, so I stuck to DD and tygon was FAR to expensive, and clearflex was my best choice outta what they had for its price.

But yea, I was just trying to keep it all on one huge order, and it had been a LONG time since I done serious research on water cooling, and I was just going on my old research, but thanks for the hints, maybe when I get a new mobo and processor I will change to a different rad...

One last thing, what is your opinions on the pump and the coolant?

Pictures coming next week sometime, depending on work, and me moving and what not, all items will be here on Friday. ^_^

I dont know much about the pump, but as for coolant, distilled water is the best, as it doesnt have dyes and other junk in it that can break down and clog up your components.

Well I work on cars as a hobby and I figured well I should get a coolant of some sort that is designed for the computer to help lubricate the pump, because that is one of the things that coolant in a car has to do, and water as a type of lubricant alone isn't that great. But thanks a lot for the input...

There are really no, in progress pics, but I am finally done setting it all up, found out my old fans are dead, so I am using some cheapys till I get new fans, I will also be ordering a new SATA Hotswap drive bay soon. ^_^

dsc02414editmw5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom