Heres my current setup:
Processor: Intel Duo e6750
RAM: 2GB Corsair DDR2
Hard Drive Space: 150gb Raptor X
Mobo: EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI EDIT
Video Card: Evga 8800 GTS SSC 640
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Xfi Xtreme Gamer
PSU: 550 W Antec

Now i've been thinking about buying another 8800, and my problem now is that i'm not sure what's a decent PSU for running two 8800s . And the price of the PSU will make or break my decision to upgrade. I'm looking to spend no more than about $150 on a PSU.

I had this in mind but i'm not really up on PSU quality. Anyone offer me some advice?

Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-850 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Power Supplies

Don't sli those cards.... your better off just selling that card and buying a new one, It will perform better then those 2 cards sli'd. Or if your really set on SLI, and you have the money, the gtx 260 can be found for around $230 after coupon and MIR. 2 of them in SLI would keep you happy, and I bet 1 of them is cheaper then your 8800 gts 640 was when u bought it.

A good single cards soultion would be a single 4870. They can be found for $255 after MIR with a free game on Newegg.

What motherboard are you using?

Yeah that looks like a pretty good deal but do you think the corsair is reliable enough as the Antec. ( I know antec's psus are usually pretty reliable don't know anything about corsairs) But if i can count on the Antec to be more reliable i'll spend the extra money.

OK, IF you are set on SLI, then try to offload that 8800gts 640 on someone for a bit of cash, and then you can sli the 260's.

What resoultion do you normally game at? And what games do you play (don't say crysis plz...), you may be upgrading for no reason...

Okay then i have a new problem now, whats the best card i can get that will outperform, 8800 GTS SSC in SLI, and be below the price of $300.

Games: the c word, cod4, aa, css, hfl2, but i'm really more looking into future games. I know some of these aren't real demanding games but i'm willing to upgrade regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom