DDR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
Ok. I want to know if i get a new MB which supports up to DDR3200 , i know i can put PC2100 in it until i get new stuff, but i wanna know can u use both 2100 and 3200 together? I would imagine they would run at 266mhz but would slowing down the faster stuff actually make it run worst than just having only the 2100 in it

yes it will...if you are gonna up grade soon then do it but if not don't...save the money you know.

badkitty said:
Ok. I want to know if i get a new MB which supports up to DDR3200 , i know i can put PC2100 in it until i get new stuff, but i wanna know can u use both 2100 and 3200 together? I would imagine they would run at 266mhz but would slowing down the faster stuff actually make it run worst than just having only the 2100 in it
No it would not, the pc3200 would run at 266mhz which you already know. In essence it means you would have 2 sticks of pc2100 and however many mbs they are.

ok cool...someone told me that since the 3200 would be running at a slower speed that it would ut would actually not run as well as the 2100 alrady in it...but thanks for the info.

Re: Re: DDR question

XT said:
No it would not, the pc3200 would run at 266mhz which you already know. In essence it means you would have 2 sticks of pc2100 and however many mbs they are.

Thats pretty much what I said, just in different words.

Re: Re: Re: DDR question

Icedragon said:
Thats pretty much what I said, just in different words.
its exactly what you said but more than 1 voice saying the same thing is more re assuring:)

well then here's your third...what they said. hehehe.

here's the low down...if you are gonna upgrade soon, buy pc3200, buy a 2 stick pack and run them in dual chanel if your mobo can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom