HELP! I'm not sure what the problem is! Is it my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenVirus

Solid State Member
Well, it first started when I got a virus a few days ago.
I'm pretty sure I got rid of it, as my computer's performance has returned to normal EXCEPT...

Whenever I try to run a game (COD4, COD2, Battlefield 2, even StarCraft and Combat Arms, non graphic-intensive games), I would be able to play for 5-10 minutes, and then the game would crash without warning and without an error message. At first I thought it was something to do with the temperature levels and overheating, so I downloaded Everest and checked them out. For some reason, Everest only gives me the temperatures for my GPU and my Hard Drive. The GPU has an average idle temperature of 61 degrees Celsius, and the Hard Drive, around 40 degrees. Considering I have a 6600 GT OC, this doesn't seem like abnormal behaviour?

Then I discovered that even applications like MSN Messenger and Everest crash and close automatically (again without warning and messages) occasionally. These are the only two I've had problems with so far as Limewire, DAEMON Tools, Spy Sweeper, Kaspersky, and others seem to be unaffected.

In addition, I've had two incidents of my computer rebooting without warning. The first was when I ran a scan on Lavasoft Ad-Adware and the second was when I tried to open Everest Ultimate Edition.

Any ideas?

O_O

Sorry, I was just assuming that I wasn't getting any replies because my title wasn't detailed enough.

Anyways, yes I have XP and Kaspersky Antivirus 7.0 and Webroot Spy Sweeper, both of which I used remove countless viruses and malware from my computer. And I have updated my drivers to most recent. I'm not sure if it's a graphics problem as even Word, Bit Torrent and MSN close randomly on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom