Policy Change for the Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Ok people, as now decided amongst the Mod team, we've been too lenient on this matter.

Now this Rule takes into effect for the whole Forum.

If the member has 40 or fewer posts, move the thread and leave an expiring redirect for, say three days to a week.

If the member has more than 40 posts, delete... if it continues, issue a warning and then escelate as needed.

Re: OT policy change

The O/T is definatly creeping back in. Not sure about the whole forum though.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Tkey i have seen so many posts in the hardware sections now that dont belong there. That is just 1 section. I have seen posts in the Audio area that belong in networking and so on. Just getting pretty bad. People post where there is activity to get answers. Which has to stop.

Mak

Mak, can you transfer like my post into a new thread? That way it'll be seen a bit more.. plus I don't think 10 people saw the new rule

Mak, can you transfer like my post into a new thread? That way it'll be seen a bit more.. plus I don't think 10 people saw the new rule

Many people wont. Only a small percentage of the members actually bother to read the updted set of rules in this area. :p

Tkey i have seen so many posts in the hardware sections now that dont belong there. That is just 1 section. I have seen posts in the Audio area that belong in networking and so on. Just getting pretty bad. People post where there is activity to get answers. Which has to stop.

Mak

I agree, also.
I was just thinking about you and "Mr not enough hours in the day" ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Tkey,

Yeah i know how that feels at times. But at least we have this announcement now so that when it starts to happen. Can take action! :p

Cheers,
Mak

what if they are just confused and think they are posting in the right place?

eh, i don't know, lol

maybe a pre-post query like in preview..."your post will appear in xxx" are you sure this is correct? Press to confirm

etc :p

For a new member i can see how they would be confused but most members who have been on this site for ant period of time know where they should post a topic.

Not that it is hard. Building, hardware, Windows, Audio, Network, Linux, Apple....

So whatever the topic pertains to post there. If it doesnt fit those then place it in OT.

Not that hard really. People are just posting them in places like OT and hardware to get them more attention and get resonses faster. Which is not right for the people who have legit questions in that area that a topic that doesnt belong there is getting resonses while they have problems.

At least that is how i feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom