My new gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
ram has bad timing
go with one of these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2E16820231148,N82E16820220293,N82E16820145194

GPU these are cheaper
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

y did u remove the biostar P45? they are cheaper

y u get a vga cooler?

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors u can get this q6600 this doesnt bring the stock cooler and doesnt have the 3 year warranty if u dont need it

why did u get 2 gskill ram?

are u fine with a 320Gb hdd?

Okay, fixed those by upgrading to a 24 inch screen and got the Xigmatek CPU cooler. I dropped the dominators (can someone explain what's wrong with them just because I'm curious, not to question you guys or anything) and picked up 4gb Gskill ram. Price is fine, don't want to exceed $1600 though if possible. Any other feed back? I plan on xfiring it later on, but for now I just want something nice that I can expand upon later on. Thanks for all the feedback :)
Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I just picked up 4 computer magazines also so I am going to run through them to see if there is any other cool things to put in this bad boy :p
I just want to let you guys know how much I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Dominators are extremely overpriced, and since I only recommend Bang for the Buck, thats usually something we eliminate right of the bat (unless its super cheap)

The G-Skills have better timings, and it has a similar cooler..

Your new build looks fine though..

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Maybe get that instead

Also this is a better GPU Heatsink:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN VF900 – CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler - VGA Cooling

I still recommend the Biostar I45 over the P5Q Pro. Toms Hardware was only able to overclock the more expensive P5Q-E to a 525mhz fsb wheras the Biostar has done 625mhz on air. Granted you won't need that high of a fsb unless you plan on extreme overclocking but since they are the same price why not.

Wait, could the biostar crossfire? Because I wanted to do that. That's why I switched em =/ I couldn't find anything saying the biostar crossfired so I found one that did. Oh and Prototype, I got a VGA cooler because all of the reviews on the ATI Radeon HD 4870 runs hot. 320 gb should be plenty. I don't even use 200 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom