Monitor suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

naash

Baseband Member
Who is the best manufacturer of monitors? I heard Samsung are the best.

Any opinions about dell and is it worth while to get HD/wide screen rather than traditional square kind of monitor?

I am looking to spend around $300 on a monitor. What screen size I can expect for that price and I would appreciate if you guys can suggest some brand and model numbers?

These days does monitors have automatically both PC and Mac compatibility or it has to say whether it will connect to either one of them or both?

there is no best
just personal opinions

you could get a 22-24" for around $300

I believe you just need corresponding ports on the pc / mac and on the monitor (dvi to dvi or vga to vga)

I have seen few monitors from Dell which comes with web cam and internal microphone. Could someone tell me if they are good and worth while to get it?

for $300 your looking at a 22". You can get a few 22"'s for $220.

Most things ON monitors suck. Meaning speakers, web cams. I haven't heard of microphones before. But from most reviews you will always hear people say "The speakers are terrible, uh! Don't buy a monitor for anything OTHER then the screen."

I was wondering the same thing as naash, are there any brands that you should stay away from? Can anyone suggest a few monitors in the $200-$300 price range?

for $300 your looking at a 22". You can get a few 22"'s for $220.

Most things ON monitors suck. Meaning speakers, web cams. I haven't heard of microphones before. But from most reviews you will always hear people say "The speakers are terrible, uh! Don't buy a monitor for anything OTHER then the screen."

agreed 100%.
Just go to newegg and browse monitors and just find one with plenty of good reviews.
Samsung, Acer, and LG are good companies. That's just naming a few though.

Q1. Does any one has experience with Dell monitors?

Q2. Would you buy refurbished monitors esp. refurbished Dell monitors?

Has one any expericne with Dell E228WFP 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD? I found nice deals on this refurbished model.

If you're good, you can find Acer 22" for $210 with free shipping (i.e. today it's like that):
Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - LCD Monitors

I've heard customer service for Hanns-G is bad, but their monitors seem to be good:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Finally, you can check out pricewatch for the monitors to see what goes on sale, etc.:
Pricewatch - LCD 22in Wide Monitors

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I have purchased Acer AL2216 model. Lets see how does that work.

Chiming in late here, but could help someone. Dell is a fantastic brand for monitors, I love mine.

As for brands to stay away from, it is pretty much unanimously agreed that viewsonic lcd's are pretty lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom