this psu for a 9800gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
ok so i orderd a xfx 9800gtx for like 190 on newegg and and then i realized my current 500 watt psu only has like 20 amps on it's 12v rail so i will have to be buying a new psu and i see this one Newegg.com - ZALMAN ZM750-HP Continuous 750W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.91 Modular LED Heatpipe-Cooled SLI Power Supply - Power Supplies and i figure this should be enough for 1 9800gtx and to power the rest of my sys with having enough power a second 9800gtx(for when i save up enough cash). so does zalman make good psu's?

Ya its powerful enough... its highly overboard, you could have gotten a Corsair 750tx ;)

the corsair dosent have the amps i want. this psu is going to have to last me for like a whole year. also i want it to have enough power to support the new nehalem mobo's and processors. i plan trying to get one around christmas. they sound pretty sweet.

Single rails are better than Multi-rails, even if that one has 80 amps total..

but both are enough for Nehalem too

double post!! but why are single rails better than multi rails and the corasair isint modular

Forum glitch, if you hit once, it'll come two times sometimes..

No biggy, its a quick delete for me..

But its pretty much what Waffle said

yhea it just said i did a double post when i only hit it once. but is that true the power just gets wasted? thats odd

the 750tx and the zalman have the same amperage, although each of the RAILS can be loaded with 20 apiece, they can't ALL have 20 apiece, the maximum wattage available to all 4 rails is only 720, divide that by 12 = 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom