Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
When a battery on a laptop loses its battery life, do you usually contribute that to the adapter that charges the battery, or the battery itself? Reason I ask is because i've had my HP dz8000 (or zd) for about 4 years now. It is a desktop replacement and never really had a lot of battery life in the first place. It has a 3.4 intel P4, 2 gig ram, and a 256 mb video card. When i first purchased it i got two batteries, and they both lasted about an hour in a half. As time went on they kind of slowly lost their charge, and were down to about 50 minutes to an hour. Then within a week BOTH batteries died to where the laptop didn't get anymore than 8 minutes (on the best power save setting).

I was going to purchase a new battery, but the suckers run like 160 dollars. Then I got to thinking about how both batteries died at the same time. And how one battery was barely ever used (only switched them out like a handful of times on long trips) and it died at the same time and will only give me 8 minutes.

Okay long story short, i was starting to think it could be the adapter. And since the adapter is hella cheaper I was hoping it would be that. What do you guys think?

Hello,

No batteries last forever. Every rechargable battery dies after a period of time. Even the little AA ones you use with the Wiimotes or whatever. You will see that after a few years of constant use and recharge they need to be charged more often till they cant work anymore.

I know tha tin the case of the AA batteries this is because of the Acid that is in them starts to degrade over time and not hold the charge for long. I do not know how the laptop batteries work as per the interior. But i would guess it is along those lines.

Plus having the battery in if you are using a wall adapter will help kill the battery faster. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom