A Quick Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
So I FINALLY got everything together and working properly - currently running the q6600 at 3.2ghz with hardly any changes to anything... running at ~38C and prime95 tested... Probably could lower voltages even more but this is my first time and i'm going slow... But anyways - It was because of the ppl on this board (vern, vdub, etc) that I have this beautiful machine - which feels even better knowing i built it on my own... so Thank you!

Specs:
Antec 900 (LOVE the case, wiring was a PITA though)
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz (want to get to 3.4-3.6.. dont know enough yet)
OCZ Reapers 800 running 1:1 (not sure what to set these at.. currently running 700mhz w/ factory timings)
Corsair 750tx (per your recommendations... turned out to be awesome)
Sapphire HD 4870
Gigabyte X48-DS4
Samsung 22" 2ms Monitor
Logitech G9
Xigmatek Rifle 120mm Cooler

Total=1600 after MIR=No Complaints from me... just very happy and proud of myself - didn't think I could do it.

Appreciate everything you guys helped me with, will return the favor by sticking around, learning more.. and hopefully giving you some time off by answering questions :D

Well from scratch - given i had nothing for it - mouse, keyboard, monitor... it came to 1700 without rebates - 1600 with -

MB: 224
Ram: 60 After MIR
Monitor: 268 After MIR
Mouse: 69 after MIR
CPU: 194
Card: 290
Case: 120
Keyboard: 50
PSU: 120 after MIR
Xigmatek: 30 after MIR
Vista 64bit: 109
DVD-r: 30
Thermal Cmpd + Xigmatek Bracket: 14
640GB HD: 90

= ~1668 After MIR (all just estimates...)

Just my opinion, I dont think you need to spend that much for the motherboard.
Also, the monitor can be obtain like 50 bucks cheaper. if you really search it. Buy.com has it a bit cheaper.
the cpu are everywhere, probably can get one cheap, I saw one going on craigslist for 150
and so on.

Good luck on your building now. (don't mess up anything expensive)

He could have gotten an X38 and BIOS flashed to X48...

too late to be critiquing now..

I wanted x16 crossfire... when the 4870x2 comes out - it will be sick - And I could've saved a few here or there on some things - but by buying and shipping it all from newegg - I saved a pretty penny.. and it made it easy since I needed it to be finished in a week span or so... I'm happy with it - and no one said anything about an x38 flashing to an x48 when i was asking for mobo suggestions :p

good looking build..and price sounds about right ( my build will cost about $1600 when finished -starting from scratch as well). It's best to run your RAM at a 1:1 ratio..so you're doing it good :)

i don't see how it's running at 700mhz though, that'd only put your CPU at 3.15ghz i think :| so maybe you've mixed your numbers up....still looking great though!

Its a nice build.

$1600 aint bad for a complete build (monitor,case,keyboard ect.)

My current build total value is about that. Tho i bought the parts over couple years. My current gaming mouse, case/psu one of the harrdrives was first, then later dvd burner another hdd was all in my previous comp and got x-ferred to my current comp, recently got 24" monitor, 5.1 speakers, and vid/mobo/cpu/ram to complete the new comp.

The mobo is a little much for my tastes but otherwise a nice machine.

And I agree with bkolk, when you have to buy everything the price does go up. Most of us are used to reusing parts like the case, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. But if you don't have those yet then they can get expensive. The upside is that you don't have to get that stuff very often and good peripherals can last you 3 or 4 builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom