How do you overclock ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
Just adding voltage?

Also, how do you overclock video cards?

I need a simple quick explanation, the rest I can find it out, with that info.

When you oc the cpu, the ram clocks with it unless its unlinked.

I wont get into the tecnical details however, since i oc'd my cpu by multiplier.

Gpu's are extremely easy to oc, using either ATI Tool or Rivatuner (riva lets you control fan speed, so its the preferred choice).

Ya.. don't overvolt it, otherwise it fries..

but keeping RAM linked, will keep it at a 1:1 ratio and automatically overclock the RAM with the CPU.. otherwise you can keep it Unlinked because you got those crappy 4gb G-Skills with 5-5-5-15 Cas 5 DDR2 800.. (it might do ok?)

but for video cards, overclock using ATiTool or Rivatuner (programs you DL)

Ya.. don't overvolt it, otherwise it fries..

but keeping RAM linked, will keep it at a 1:1 ratio and automatically overclock the RAM with the CPU.. otherwise you can keep it Unlinked because you got those crappy 4gb G-Skills with 5-5-5-15 Cas 5 DDR2 800.. (it might do ok?)

but for video cards, overclock using ATiTool or Rivatuner (programs you DL)

I have 2x1GB of the G.Skills, and have 'em at a 1:1 ratio w/ my CPU...they perform decently, and are clocked at 441MHz right now.

That's over stock clock..lol. Remember, its DDR2, so its doubled ;). So essentially I'm running at 882MHz. Open up CPU-Z,and look at the Memory tab; it'll show your DRAM Frequency as halved (i.e. 400 for 800).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom