Failed Raptor, once again. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I was trying to install nero 8 on my computer so i could burn memtest to a CD. During the installation i got blue screen. I tried to restart and i got the "A Disk Read Error Has Occured, press control alt delete to restart". I went into BIOS and it views the drive as:

SATA 1 - BzBzBzBzBzBzBzBzBzBz
SATA 2 - WDC250 or something like that

So i've come to the conclusion that it's failed. I've done some reading and apparently it can't be fixed by reformat. Now i have absolutely no faith in the raptor line at all. This is the second drive to fail me. So now i'm coming to you all for advice. I need a new drive to put OS's on. Preferably under 100$. Ideas?

~thanks

the 640MB is probably a little quicker then the 250GB...i think seagates have better warranties but the 640mb was getting extremely good reviews for their dual platter design

the 640 is nothing compared to the 10000 rpm raptor tho.

Keep that in mind. ( my WD640 arrives tomorrow.) They had a 5 dollar discount on the 640, but I dont think its still going.

the 640 is nothing compared to the 10000 rpm raptor tho.

Keep that in mind. ( my WD640 arrives tomorrow.) They had a 5 dollar discount on the 640, but I dont think its still going.

Not so fast..

WD 640gb is one of the fastest 7200 RPM Drive out there

Western Digital's Caviar SE16 640GB hard drive - The Tech Report - Page 3

It performs faster most of the time, and has way more HD space, will probably have a longer life-span, runs cooler, along with being a bunch quieter as well

I can't find anything similar between 7200 and 10k But you know your stuff i guess so I stand corrected.

Wow but I guess your right. No clue how this can be, but it is.

I had a Seagate 7200.11 750 GB hard drive and I sent that piece of crap back for the WD 640GB.

Couldn't be happier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom