What can I do with this crap computer =P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootwoot

In Runtime
Well, here are some of my specs:
Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
447 MB RAM
VIA/S3G UniChome IGP (yea how do I live with this vid card hehe)

It's like, 6 years old, and I'm starting to think that a $399 Dell desktop might work better, but I got no cash at the moment =(. It's running pretty well because I had help from a tech dude here, but whenever I run full-screen programs, EVEN POWERPOINT, I get LLLLAGGG =(.
Help?

if it works, you can sell it for 20 bucks. Trust me better than nothing.

Or removed the optical drives, and sell it.

Not worth upgrading that piece of junk.

Depends on what you use it for. If you only use it to surf the net and powerpoint and stuff like that you could just back up your files, format and reinstall windows, and get another 512mb of ram.
If you want to play games or do anything that requires a decent amount of power you would be best off getting a new computer.

Depends on what you use it for. If you only use it to surf the net and powerpoint and stuff like that you could just back up your files, format and reinstall windows, and get another 512mb of ram.
If you want to play games or do anything that requires a decent amount of power you would be best off getting a new computer.

Agreed

Windows XP isn't forgiving if you have less than 512mb RAM, consider going to 768mb+

I'll buy the cpu off you, could use a spare for the comp in my garage with is an old athlon XP system. send me a pm,e-mail or msn if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom