Is building a laptop possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I know couple of companys that build their custom laptops. Is this possible for a single person to do? and if so where can you buy the components and so on from?

Or is it possible but just not worth the risk? (I assume its risky thats why nobody does it.)

It is, but it'd be cheaper to get one of Asus or MSI or Dell, in this case building is actually wrong

Plus it is a huge hassle and very tricky. I built my 8600 from random parts in other 8600's.

companies like dell, acer, hp all buy there components in mass quantities, so they get major discounts, you wouldn't so it would cost much more.

It is most definately possible. All the parts are available for sale and you can put together your own laptop. Is it cost effective? Absolutely not! You can purchase all the parts, but unlike desktops laptop parts when bought individually usually cost much more in comparison. So the reason people don't build their own laptops is because it is not cost effective at all. You'd probably spend upwards of 400 dollars more on parts for an identical system you could get from Dell or HP and you would still need an OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom