A System Build and an Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
Still haven't ordered a quad core (Should be the Q6600) after 3 months although now waiting for the supposed price cuts at the end of July. Even so I'm still not sure about a few things.
Has anyone heard of this company...
http://store0.alrightdeals.com
They are listed on the Google checkout system (www.google.com/checkout) and are slightly cheaper than newegg AND offer international shipping... I can't find any other reviews though.
Also can anyone recommend a good P45 motherboard (or a reasonably priced, hopefully faster x48)

Lastly I'm building a budget gaming rig for my brother to get rid ofhis old Dell Pentium III system. I have chosen the following based on a budget of 250euro (All sourced from dabs.ie except the GPU)
-MSI P35 Neo-F or Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
-Intel e2180
-2GB OCZ Platium (CL4) Memory
-OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 500W PSU
-Either a Palit 512mb 9600GT or my old XFX 8600GT 256mb GPU depending on budget
Can anyone recommend an AMD equivalent, bearing in mind I will be overclocking or just an adjustment

(P.S. Sorry for an typos I missed, I hate my Asus eee already :()

I dont find it cheaper.

So i wount take the risk.

besides it looks like those fake websites.

I wouldnt go with the site you posted it looks fishy......

and as for an amd equivalent a 5000+ BE is an awesome overclocker like the 2180

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition Processor ADO5000DSWOF - 2.60GHz, 1MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MTs) FSB, Brisbane, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2 (940), Processor - No Fan at CompUSA.com

as for a mobo for that amd i'd go with this

Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

and only buy from these sites because they are used by Techforums members alot and are trusted.

Newegg
ClubIT
svc.com
Dell
Petra's Tech Shop
TankGuys
Jab-Tech
ZipZoomFly

But what games would you play? BF2 HL2?

He will be playing a bit of eveything to be honest, Crysis, NFS Carbon, Medieval II. I'm not expecting to be able to play at high with this budget but medium would be fine.
I thought it looked a bit suspect but the international shipping sounded good. I suppose its back to Newegg etc. I might give AMD some business (although their graphics cards are doing pretty good...) if they can compete in raw power and overclocking terms, but are either of them a match for my old but respectable e6320?:D

Can anyone recommend a better motherboard than the p5q deluxe for overclocking a q6600, i.e. better and/or easier:confused:

Medium on crysis will probably stress it but im no crysis expert. it should be fine for the rest of it though. :D

the 5000+ Black Edition will be equal to your e6320 if not a bit better. its a close match with those 2.

Okay, looks like its the 5000+ BE for him then, and that board. The 570 is a good, well priced chipset for AMD then? I've not looked at AMD boards with a few years or so.
Also are Infernal deals any good... Their prices are reasonable but luckily not too good to be true. Google reveals nothing though and they strangely don't have any p45 boards?
P45 Motherboard...

Inferno deals is a company started by a guy at tech-forums named Inferno. Hes a trusted member and people have bought from him before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom