How much do you spend monthly on maintenance for Water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is no big bucks involved in it? Other than the 100 bucks the system will cost?

Whoa... Whoa... Whoa...

A good Water Cooling System will cost you upwards of $250..

My pumps alone cost 85 each....

good radiator 50 bucks
tubing around 15 bucks
cpu block 50
gpu block 50
tline and fill port 20

My dual loop setup cost me right around 500 bucks. But i bought the good stuff.

So there is no big bucks involved in it? Other than the 100 bucks the system will cost?

wait wait wait, you should have told that to us first, any kit that costs 100 is crap.

There bear minimum for a water cooling loop is 200, and thats pushing it, the sweet spot seems to be 250 to 300 where you get the best components.

Unless you doing the cpu, and gpu, or the chipset, ram. For that your looking at more like 350 atleast.

haha wow, Looks like I will wait a little more than what I expected before going full throttle on water cooling.

But what difference really does it make? its just a pump, and plastic tubes right? Based on Experience what does a cheap water cooling system do? (I know I sound stupid, but I wanan know.)

comes with cheap water block, which won't cool nearly as well as good ones, you might as well buy a rifle for 30 bucks at newegg. The pump is probably cheap, it may not keep the flow rate fast enough to cool the water quick enough to cool the cpu well, the rad could be very poor so it doesn't cool the water well, ect.

A cheap water cooling system will have a ****** pump that doesn't push as much water as it should, It will use small tubing which lowers your amount of flow.

It will use an aluminum radiator which performs like junk and can cause galvanic corrosion.

The cpu won't offer good heat dissipation and you will get worse temps than a halfway decent air cooler.

You have a long ways to go before I would ever recommend you look into water cooling.

If you really want to learn something about water cooling, browse xtremesystems liquid cooling section. Youtube is full of retards who have no idea what theyre talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom