How much do you spend monthly on maintenance for Water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did do my research on youtube lol.

haha it looks preety simple. When I build my first scomputer, it was a piece of cake, But sure ill research, I got enough time. Any good websites I should look into? I use youtube most of the time lol, it helps me visualize where everything is.

just google for stuff, try to find pin down exactly what your gonna be doing with the computer, and how much your going to be overclocking. What are you gonna be cooling with it. The pros and cons about water cooling ect, i wouldn't go to much by you tube, as they could give false information, which could lead to some major problems down the road. Talk to aspire, he could prob give you some tips, all in all do you really think your going to overclock enough to warrant the cost of a water cooling loop?

probably not, but water cooling requires probably the highest level ofexperience in computers, and it would be great achieving that experience level.

So its more like a personal achievement.

The dfi boards apparently have a glitch where if you go over 440 FSB they wont post and you cant clear the cmos. Junk if you ask me.

680i? 4ghz no issues
p35-ds3r? 4ghz no issues
DFI x38 LT? 4ghz? no post, dead board
DFI x48 LT? see above
Asus Rampage Formula? STABLE @ 4GHZ no issues

See a pattern somewhere in there?

yeah DFI sucks! Thats the pattern I see.
and asus mobos are great. according to you.

I really wanted to like the DFI board, but i just couldnt chance having a third one die on me. So i bit the bullet and bought the rampage. I just hope i dont have any problems with it since asus customer support sucks.

^ioh does it ever suck, i had to be transfered from the first person to tech 2, then to 2 different people there, then the guy still didn't know what i was talking about, they are worse then the geek squad.

probably not, but water cooling requires probably the highest level ofexperience in computers, and it would be great achieving that experience level.

So its more like a personal achievement.

even if you did get water cooling, and implemented is successfully, does not mean you are the highest tech level, which the level is practically limitless as you could never know everything about every aspect of technology.

You could get water cooling and be a drooling idiot (not that you are)

even if you did get water cooling, and implemented is successfully, does not mean you are the highest tech level, which the level is practically limitless as you could never know everything about every aspect of technology.

You could get water cooling and be a drooling idiot (not that you are)

I'd say that level is hit when a person has mastered both Hardware and Software..

I got the Hardware down.. I'm working on Software...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom