What's my bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried oc'ing, but after I changed the fsb by 10 it started once and then after shut down wouldn't start again until after the bios was reset :(...

So what part is the bottleneck? My guess would be either the processor not being quad-core or the video card since the 9 series came out.

funny, my computer does the same thing when i try to overclock. I think its the motherboard for me because I had my e6750 on a p5k-e and it overclocked from 2.66 to 4GHz. but with this weaksauce ECS mobo, it wont overclock at all. :\

I haven't tried overclocking since I replaced my 450 watt FSP with the 650 Antec PSU I have now. I'm at 3.3Ghz right now but still haven't performed a long stress test.:D What are some suggestions for a good goal?

3.6Ghz seems like a good speed
monitor the temperatures
increase the FSB slowly by 10 but voltage increase will sometimes be neccesary

I haven't tried overclocking since I replaced my 450 watt FSP with the 650 Antec PSU I have now. I'm at 3.3Ghz right now but still haven't performed a long stress test.:D What are some suggestions for a good goal?

Somebody got 3.8-3.9ghz on a B2 e6600 here..

but the fact that its B2 could probably stop some good overclocking thresholds...

Also 8800gts g92 isn't outdated.. its pretty much the same performance as an 9800gtx (which is a 8800gts g92 overclocked with better memory chips and overclocking ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom