New desktop help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Trotter.

So it seems like I'll be getting Puddle suggested. It seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

If I wanted to OC the e7200 how would I go about that or would you advise against it? Most of the people commenting on newegg.com said it worked well when OC'd. Not sure if I would need to do that but future reference wouldn't hurt.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it you've been way more helpful then I would imagined. Hopefully I'll start learning and be able to help some others out.

What is the difference besides price? The difference isn't much at all so if there's something that would make those much better than the HD3850 I'll go for those. Do they out do it by a lot?

Thanks Trotter.

So it seems like I'll be getting Puddle suggested. It seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

If I wanted to OC the e7200 how would I go about that or would you advise against it? Most of the people commenting on newegg.com said it worked well when OC'd. Not sure if I would need to do that but future reference wouldn't hurt.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it you've been way more helpful then I would imagined. Hopefully I'll start learning and be able to help some others out.

Here is a guide for overclocking Core 2 Duo's/ it is long but very detailed.

HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - Guide v1.6.1

The E7200 is a great overclocker and the the Rosewill cpu cooler i posted will be able to keep it cool even when overclocked.

If you are concerned about the cooling on the 3850 I posted you could get the one Hussein19891 posted.

What is the difference besides price? The difference isn't much at all so if there's something that would make those much better than the HD3850 I'll go for those. Do they out do it by a lot?

The 9600gt is a little better than the 3850 and the 8800gs is slightly worse so 9600gt> HD3850>= 8800gs

So should I go ahead and go with the 9600gt? I was still leaning towards the 3850. Does ATI offer good support and update their drivers??

I think at this point its just going to be preference...

I wouldd go with the 3850. The 9600gt isn't worth the price increase in my opinion. ATI has been doing a good job of keeping there drivers updated.

Sorry for bringing this back up but I was just going to make sure that the case you recommended would be big enough. And if that power supply is okay?

The Elite 330 should have plenty of room. I used it in a recent build and was very happy with it.

The Antec EA380 is a good psu and should provide plenty of power for you system.

Thanks Puddle

now the only question I have left is on Vista. I've looked on newegg for Vista and not sure which one is the best.(Yeah I convinced myself Vista will run fine on this system)

Does 64bit or 32bit make a difference? It seems I'm going to end up spending 170 for Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom