How much do you spend monthly on maintenance for Water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I am startng to get the wate cooling fever, but I feel its very expensiive to keep it going.

As far as it looks water cooling is not that hard to set up, Is it? Its the monthly manitenace costs that worry me the most.

^what monthly costs? like every 3 months or when it's needed (probably more then 3 months for the most part) u put some distilled water in, (or your coolant) and any additives that u want. It's not very expensive to keep it going.

ps. you have some rogue tags in you sig.

What monthly maintenance. If you use distilled water and a biocide there is no maintenance. Thats like asking "how much do you spend a month on your car's cooling system?"

I have built a system, booted on my first try. I am currently going for my 2 one, 1 week after I just built my first one.

And for my third build, I am planning on getting water cooled.

You don't have to change the water every month? or change tubing or anything? so I guess its every 3 months?

Cause I know that the water cooling they use, its like 20 bucks a bottle. Can you guys confirm that doing water cooling is easy?

Bonus question: How often do you get a DOA product from newegg? ( I would create a thread about this, but people will complain of me creating too many threads, which i do)

Its 97 cents a gallon for distilled water.....
The only time you have to replace anything in a watercooling loop is if you do something stupid. I have never gotten anything DOA from newegg, but i have killed 2 boards from them in the last month :(

Its 97 cents a gallon for distilled water.....
The only time you have to replace anything in a watercooling loop is if you do something stupid. I have never gotten anything DOA from newegg, but i have killed 2 boards from them in the last month :(

no DOA's ever.. (well for me)

But it does depend on the brand of the stuff if they are known to make faulty products..

Research a bit before you do water cooling... otherwise you might end up buying your whole system again ;)

Usually aspire says before you do water cooling he asks "Do you know your way around a computer" and something else... which I forget

veedbufreak How did you ruin your motherboards? Dont want to make that mistake too.

^overclocking,

I would a sugest you take in some more information instead of jumping right into water cooling, also you need to do your research before even thinking about water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom