Counter Strike Source locking up and games having black lines and tearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL_NESS

Baseband Member
Hey all. Having a problem with my computer. In CSS i have been having a problem, i play it for 2 minutes, it is running fine, all of a sudden it just freezes for like 30 seconds then it automatically gets out of it back to the desktop. I look for error logs. No errors whatsoever! Also in trackmania nations forever there have been black lines running through the screen and in tony hawks underground 4 there has been graphical tearing. I have tryed two video cards and they are known working ones. My X1950 Pro is only brand new so swapped for another and tryed new drivers. Nothing. Still the same F*c!ng problem!! Its so annoying and i can't figure it out!

try switching the cable from the card to the monitor with another known working one. that has caused me some wierd issues in the past.
might be it, but it is starting to sound like a motherboard issue.

also, DL ATI tool and underclock your card and see if the problem goes away.

Well my old motherboard did the exact same thing. went to upgrade bios and killed it. Got a new motherboard and is doing the exact same thing. Got a differant motherboard this time. So it can't be that.

did you try to underclock the card? this may also tell you if your psu is underpowered.
that pretty much narrows it down then to cpu, ram or psu.
what cpu do you have?
what ram?
what psu?
do you have any spares on hand that you can swap? if you are running more than one stick of ram, take one out at a time and see if it stops.

it's definitely overheating, download rivatuner and turn the fan up. artifacting only occurs with overheating because it's a gpu issue.

first try installing newer drivers and turn up the fan with rivatuner. if that doesn't help then post back.

its not neccesarily true that heat is the only cause of artifacting...i just RMA'd a card to evga that was artifacting at 40*C. there are several causes of artifacting such as defective card memory or not enough juice getting to the card etc etc.
he said in one of his first posts that the temps were only 35-40*c and that definitely isnt too hot....
try underclocking the card and see what happens i'm tellin ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom