Huge problems with my HP laptop, please suggest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i don't know man, a 15 min boot for some fragmentation? im not sure if that is possible, but hey, you never know (drive could be almost completly fragmented maybe)

BTW guys, what is your take on the fact that some (not all) of the MP3 files play fragmented. I wish I could show you so that you could get exactly what i mean by fragmented, cause im not able to find the precise word for it

Well, its like this. Different patrs of the song play at the wrong time. like say, a small 3 second fragment which should come in at 1:30, comes in at 1:15. I hope you get what i mean.

try updating the drivers for the onboard sound, you can probably find them at the laptops manufacturers site.

If not, download cpuz, then look at the motherboards brand, then get the driver from there site. (just google cpuz for the program)

Well, only some MP3 files play like that, so do you think it could be a virus? I ran three scans and nothing came up. I have McAfee just in case. Only the files which I use with my iTunes library are like this. The others are just fine.

Problems could be related to this issue:

Hewlett Packard DV6000, DV9000 series wireless card problem / defect which leads to a bad motherboard at Random Fix - Computer Help

Recently found that issue out after a client brought their dv6000 series laptop in for repair, because their Wifi wasn't working anymore...laptop didn't even detect a wireless card anymore, and they had just used it the previous night. Might be something to look into, since it deals with more than just wifi issues it seems.

Slow booting and choppy sound are signs of a CPU being grossly underclocked. This can be caused by over heating, a corrupt OS or hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom