Mid level rig specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, see any flaws with this? Is pretty standard low/mid level build I think....

Rig use: gaming, school work, surfing web

cpu e2160 (will give moderate OC)
mobo GA-P35-DS3L
ram Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB
hdd Barricuda 500GB
psu Corsair 550VX
cooler stock
gpu 8800gts

The 8800gts is used and am getting cheap so no 4850 suggestions. Going to keep the cpu cooler stock at this point to pinch $$$, please no 5000+ BE suggestions, with the aftermarket cooler and price jump it's not feasible. I didn't put prices in as I'll find the local canadian place that cheapest, just curious if anyone has any suggestions.

Yeah, i was thinking a smaller psu...380 enough tho? They mentioned they'll go quad core next year and add a sound card as well.

Watts don't matter.. amps do.. and that Earthwatts are high in those... ;)

But you could step to the Earthwatts 430w

yeah i was gonna write this like 1 hrs ago but i saw that he is going to do moderate cooling and he is gonna use the stock cooler so i dont think he will need it

Yeah, it's for my brother's GF and neither of them know anything about OCing...takes away from WOW time. Figured I'd better not push the OC too much as I know they won't be monitoring temp changes over the year as dust clogs and ambient temp increases/decreases. So will OC it to a safe zone and leave it at that.

^i got my q6600 up to 3.3 with stock and it was stable, temps were safe at 70 load, i didn't want to go any higher then that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom