First Build.. something isn't working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most boards now have an 8 pin. I cant remember the last board i have messed with that had a 4 pin. But there should be a 24 pin near the sata connections, and either a 4 or 8 pin connection near the cpu.

edit: its an 8 pin with a 4 pin cover.

I think all of the P43 chipset mobo's use 4 pin, not sure about P45 though. But is there a difference?

Most boards now have an 8 pin. I cant remember the last board i have messed with that had a 4 pin. But there should be a 24 pin near the sata connections, and either a 4 or 8 pin connection near the cpu.

edit: its an 8 pin with a 4 pin cover.

all gigabyte p35 chipsets are 4 pin

most of the cheaper (not overclocking computers) i use when i build computers are 4 pin, like the p35 neo's

Ok - you guys rock - I didnt do the 8 er... 4 pin... it looks like a 8 pin with 4 holes blocked... so i just plugged half of it in... now the cpu fan works - stuff comes on screen - it gets a little into booting off the disk and just sits at a blue and green screen - right after the windows loading screen.... any ideas?

Edit- set my ram voltages and timings to factory spec - don't know what else to try? still wont boot up...

Sits at the windows intro background - blank - after the little loading bar and black screen goes - and nothing happens.... im very lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom