I can't get my computer past the motherboard logo screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
My dad purchased a computer about 2-3 years ago and it was working fine. After a while our router broke so we just put the computer in the garage with the rest of the junk. I was trying to make use of some of the parts so I took the hard drive, formatted it and used it as an external drive. I understand that there is no more OS left on the drive, so I popped in my Windows XP disc so I can install a new OS but I can't get it past the first screen. There is not even an option to get into the bios. I tried hitting all the F keys but its nothing, the computer won't get past the "eMachines" page. What could it be and what do you guys think I should do to resolve this problem?

I understand that emachines isn't the best computer in the world but it was only going to be used for basic internet surfing and word documents. Is there any way I could restore this computer or is it done?

Hello,

Have you tried to find a updated BIOS? Have you checked all the internal connections to make sure they are all snug?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Have you tried to find a updated BIOS? Have you checked all the internal connections to make sure they are all snug?

Cheers,
Mak

All of the internal connections are all good, but just in case what should I be looking for in particular?

So would an updated bios let me activate the bios? From what I am seeing, it looks like a confused dead computer that doesn't know what to do after the motherboard logo.

if you are using it as a secondary external hard drive, why do you need to install an OS?

I was using it as an external hard drive. I formatted it and used it in my own computer for the time being but now I put it back in the computer so I can use it and install an OS but its not working.

Anyone else know what I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom