First Build.. something isn't working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
So i spent all day putting together my new rig... first time - took it slow - still need to work on wiremanagement.. but.. i did a quick test run just to make sure it works... but... when i turn it on - all the fans work - mobo lights up - etc.. but nothing shows on screen - and the cpu fan wont turn on? - I feel like i mighta F-ed up the cpu install? that was the part i was most worried about... what should i do to troubleshoot first.. before i rip it all apart...

Pull the memory and video card out. Then try to boot and see if you get any error code beeps. Post up your specs also.

Pull the memory and video card out. Then try to boot and see if you get any error code beeps. Post up your specs also.
I will try that - thanks

Specs:

Antec 900
Gigabyte x48-DS4
Sapphire 4870
q6600
xigmatek rifle
ocz reapers 4gb 800
750tx corsair
wd 640gb hdd

EDIT: tried that.. no beeps... nothing changed...

It does make a buzz sound when it first turns on - the cpu fan tries to move - then stops - no beeps though

always check simple things first, like having your 4pin (near cpu)12v connector in and not just the 24pin (would cause your symptoms). its actually pretty hard to f-up a cpu install they usually fit in pretty easily.

Ok... this 4 pin... would it be so close to the cpu that i cant see it due to the massive size of my heatsink?

depends wat cooler, i cant see mine with my tuniq tower and my psu so close together, thats y i asked, i forgot it once when i was cleaning out my computer. if u are looking at ur case with the side panel off, it is on the top left hand a lil above the cpu chipset.

and its actually 8 pin sorry.

Most boards now have an 8 pin. I cant remember the last board i have messed with that had a 4 pin. But there should be a 24 pin near the sata connections, and either a 4 or 8 pin connection near the cpu.

edit: its an 8 pin with a 4 pin cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom