Liquid cool or Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single loop can handle two gtx280's fine provided they aren't paired with a quad core or anything else. After that you either need to think about dual radiators or two separate loops.

uhhhh....exactly what i was saying? try not to be an *** before you tell me i said something wrong when you say the same thing yourself :|

You said, and I quote.

if you have multiple GTX 280's you'll probably have to have 2 WC loops if you want good temps so that'll cost a lot more than air cooling

Multiple GTX280's is not a problem. A PA120.3 can handle 3 of them quite readily. People have been doing it with 8800ultras for quite some time.

You mention nothing about the fact that pairing two of them with a cpu might be a bit much. You only mention multiple gfx cards.

The reason why I respond harshly to claims like yours is because in the end it's the person your giving advice to who loses.

well i thought everyone would assume i meant paired along with the CPU :| I've never heard of anyone WC'ing the GPU's without the CPU ....

The reason why I respond harshly to claims like yours is because in the end it's the person your giving advice to who loses.

LOL! You should see how he attacked my friend who built my first rig! ROFL pure rampage... be careful!

Watercooling is all fine and dandy, and It is not as hard as it seems with the right case. But Veedub is right I think. Build the rig on air, before you do any heavy OCing and such. Research the CRAP out of everything, make a build log and ask questions and people will provid part advice for you when your stuck. After you have everything orderd and on it's way start preparing. Then install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom