So far I got this, how is this looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I just bought the WD 640 because I just got an email from newegg, with a 5 dollar discount and it has free shipping. So looks like it worked out great.

As for the ram I bought the G skill pc 6400, the blue ones.

And the dvd drive an IDE one, I just heard they are better, because of ide is better recognized.

And yes, I got an alienware case, from ebay "alienware outlet" for 70 bucks with shipping. Got the case alone for 30 bucks plus 40 shipping.

Even though I have not build it yet, I will update my sig with my prices.

Noted: based on newegg reviews, It looks like its a bad idea to buy a hard drive from newegg because of their ups shipping, does anyone know anything about this? (shock sensitive hard drive)

Which blue ones?! not the Dark Blue right? those are quite sucky, 5-5-5-12 timings @ DDR2 800 is pretty weak RAM

IDE is not better, its bigger, a bit slower, but nothing that people would complain about... Plus if you care about overclocking a lot, it'll help improve Air Flow in your case if you had SATA

I hope you got this:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

instead of these:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Dang, I got the second ones. the bad ones I guess, What wrong with them? Newegg has super good reviews and say they got fast timings.

With Timings you want them low, same with Cas Latency... with as high as clock as possible

I guess if you increased the Voltage some it could run at DDR2 800 4-4-4-15 or even 4-4-4-12, but I can't guarantee it

Thats if you plan on overcloking them, I dont plan on doing that probably. I might try it later though.

Everything else looking good?

hard drive is okay..if you bought it OEM ( which is the only why they sale..i think ) it'll come wrapped in bubble wrap (****, i love OEM packaging lol) so it shouldn't be damaged unless UPS plays football with it.

Have you bought the mobo yet? if not, look into a P43/P45 chipset instead of the old P35

And the dvd drive an IDE one, I just heard they are better, because of ide is better recognized.

I would say sata is better supported at this point. Some p35 motherboard's and most likely p43/45 don't have very good IDE support. My Ip35-E doesn't even have an option in bios to boot from an IDE optical drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom