Eide????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
im only 14. im wanna build my computer. wat du u think i should get? i want performence... but i dont want it 2 cost much. u no wat i mean. SCSI is almost 2 complicated 4 me. unless SCSI is eiser. SCSI components all cost mor. im confused??????

SCSI devices (harddrives/ cd-rom etc) are the best available, but they are very very expensive

The cheapest are regular IDE devices such as UDMA(ATA)

For better performance you can get SATA hardrives, but your mothermoard must support it.

anymore questions?

first, it's IDE not EIDE, and go to any computer store with your budget and theyll sell u the best thing u can get

Man...you can tell this kid is 14. Maybe he's even Service-14. :)
No capitals. Redundant punctuation. Mixing numbers and words like a AIM-bum fanatic...Gotta wonder where a 14 year old is getting money to buy SCSI drives, too. :)

SCSI is not for you. You're gonna spend a load of money on a drive that's only 20gigs that'll be almost gone once you load up yer mp3 archive, OS, and one (maybe 2) games. You don't really need that kind of reliability, and such reliability is growing moot anyway, as new ATA and SATA drives are near rock-solid anyway.

Go with a good Ultra ATA133 or a Serial ATA drive (if your mobo supports serial). Don't waste your time and money on SCSI. I work with a lot of heavyweight companies, and the only ones buying SCSI are the ones who already have SCSI chains from way back when they were popular.

There is a difference between EIDE and IDE, but it's pretty moot now. Few IDE drives made today are of the old strictly-IDE type. There was an Extended-chain IDE, but that's been replaced by the creation of secondary (and terciary) IDE channel ports on mobos.

i werk for my dad in his CNC [computer numerical control] machine shop. he pays me. thats wer the money comes from. he wants me 2 buy my own stuff. im kool with that. He programs machines to turn metal @ .0001 [ten thousandths] of an in. as 4 my spellin, i try 2 du dat.
im very gud @ grammar.... just sometime i dont like 2 lol

Major, yes, EIDE is newer than IDE. I don't think any drives are made that are just IDE anymore. So now, whenever anyone says IDE, they really mean EIDE.

gizmo, like the others are saying, stay away from SCSI drives. Stick with either a SATA or an EIDE drive. They're both reliable, and you're going to get more storage for your money.

I don't usually hear of SCSI drive being used, except in servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom